Audit Senior Manager - Multiple Locations
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready - to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting. Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Our Core Assurance practice provides independent reporting to stakeholders. We perform:
- Financial statement and internal control audits
- Business and performance reporting
- Social, environmental, and other compliance reviews
As part of our Assurance team, you will gain specialized knowledge. We collaborate with clients. We go inside companies, get to know their businesses, and then assure that the financial information they report to the public is clear and reliable. We stand firm on quality and integrity, and we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions.
And we're transforming! Check this out: http://pwc.to/auditvideo
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged with a high learning curve. You will learn through training programs and on-the-job interaction with co-workers and clients. You'll have mentors and formal coaches. PwC is all about our people. We want high performance and high quality, and we want you to be challenged and fulfilled here. Join us and weâ€™ll help you explore the career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
Don't take our word for it. See for yourself: http://pwc.to/pwcpeople
Depending on your market and office, you may have an opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries, including Financial Services, Technology, Entertainment, Media and Communications, Healthcare, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Consumer and Retail, Industrial Products, Energy and Mining, Power and Utilities.
Generally a Senior Manager has the following Qualifications/Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 8
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
Certification(s) Required: CPA license. International hires are required to have passed the equivalent accounting certification exam in the selected individual 's home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for a PwC US senior manager in that PwC affiliate firm.
Certification(s) Preferred: CPA license in work office state
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP, U.S. GAAS and the PCAOB standards, emphasizing an in-depth, intimate understanding - for the respective industry - of the applicable business and accounting issues, and technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
Demonstrates proven intimate abilities and success as a team leader and team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Applying intimate know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards, proactively identifying and articulating emerging technical issues;
- Applying appropriately applicable auditing standards and firm audit methodology on the engagement, reinforcing compliance requirements, and evaluating critically and responding to the results of audit procedures;
- Leading client engagements to maintain appropriately quality, professional scepticism, and delivery against expectations;
- Modelling project management methodology--disciplining, scoping, planning, and overseeing complex engagements/projects; and,
- Applying effectively project management skills to maximize the effectiveness of the audit, managing and prioritizing issues based on materiality and risk.
- Operating at the forefront of emerging industry developments, technology trends and business issues, especially the impact these trends have on the global value chain for clients;
- Integrating innovative concepts and solutions into the scope of new work;
- Anticipating the impact and implications of decisions on other components of an organization; and,
- Translating highly complex problems into components and actionable research objectives.
- Modelling awareness of how to adapt individual working styles to lead effectively a multi-cultural team;
- Helping others operate through a lens of global interconnectedness and complex global economic concepts, including a commitment to global exposure for teams and oneself.
- Operating in a steady, direct manner that allows the team to know what to expect and what is expected of them;
- Demonstrating exceptional judgment and helping teams to maintain perspectives, even when presented with a difficult situation;
- Building a respectful environment that maximizes the opportunity for all to learn, promoting empowerment and innovation.
- Developing the leadership capabilities of other team members; and,
- Inspiring ethical decision-making, responsible business conduct, and timely completion of all compliance requirements.
- Demonstrating a variety of communication styles, emphasizing the adoption of an interactive and inclusive style at meetings and presentations;
- Providing a compelling point of view to reach the appropriate outcome and effectively converting opposition into mutual understanding;
- Serving as an example for integrity and ethical decision-making in the management of building relationships and developing team members; and,
- Leveraging and expanding internal and external networks to build relationships at executive/senior leadership levels.
* To be considered for PwC Assurance roles, individuals will be asked to provide additional information during the formal recruiting process.