Audit Manager - Multiple Locations
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready - to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting. Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Our Core Assurance practice provides independent reporting to stakeholders. We perform:
- Financial statement and internal control audits
- Business and performance reporting
- Social, environmental, and other compliance reviews
As part of our Assurance team, you will gain specialized knowledge. We collaborate with clients. We go inside companies, get to know their businesses, and then assure that the financial information they report to the public is clear and reliable. We stand firm on quality and integrity, and we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions.
And we're transforming! Check this out: http://pwc.to/auditvideo
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged with a high learning curve. You will learn through training programs and on-the-job interaction with co-workers and clients. You'll have mentors and formal coaches. PwC is all about our people. We want high performance and high quality, and we want you to be challenged and fulfilled here. Join us and we’ll help you explore the career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
Don't take our word for it. See for yourself: http://pwc.to/pwcpeople
Depending on your market and office, you may have an opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries, including Financial Services, Technology, Entertainment, Media and Communications, Healthcare, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Consumer and Retail, Industrial Products, Energy and Mining, Power and Utilities.
Generally a Manager has the following Qualifications/Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
Certification(s) Required: CPA license. International hires are required to have passed the equivalent accounting certification exam in the selected individual’s home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for a PwC US manager in that PwC affiliate firm.
Certification(s) Preferred: CPA license in work office state
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP, U.S. GAAS and the PCAOB standards, emphasizing an in-depth, extensive understanding - for the respective industry - of the applicable business and accounting issues, and technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success as a team leader and team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Applying extensive know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Driving the development of the audit approach, including the application of applicable auditing standards and firm audit methodology;
- Reinforcing firm compliance requirements and applying to client engagements;
- Operating with a high-degree of professional skepticism, independence, and objectivity - including considering the big picture to understand potential for fraud and material disclosure omissions; and,
- Creating and managing a full implementation plan.
- Continuously deepening and broadening business know-how--how it is changing and why this matters in order to articulate a relevant point of view;
- Developing and sharing a point of view on strategic business issues and trends, anticipating the impact of technology developments on client needs, and surfacing relevant behavioral patterns as potential trends;
- Integrating frameworks and models into an analytical approach to develop insight into organizations; and,
- Coaching team members on problem-solving techniques and guiding them to use more sophisticated tools and frameworks.
- Modelling and encouraging team members to learn about cultures that differ from their own, leveraging this information to adapt effectively their working styles;
- Articulating a perspective on relevant global trends and how they impact client challenges; and,
- Applying global industry-leading practices, global economic perspectives, and local territory cultural nuances to shape solutions and recommendations.
- Taking the initiative to participate and seek to influence positively the outcome;
- Motivating others, helping them to understand and visualize goals;
- Helping others plan their development--how they will achieve their professional and personal goals;
- Displaying respect and fairness when managing others, bringing conflict into the open to enhance the quality of decisions and team effectiveness; and,
- Evaluating the performance of team members on the basis of merit and skill, addressing performance issues in-the-moment.
- Helping team members determine the impact of their communication styles on others and coach their abilities to collaborate with and respond to clients and individuals;
- Targeting and expanding a network of internal and external relationships, including those beyond the immediate sphere of interaction;
- Demonstrating integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients; and,
- Creating an environment that encourages improvement, innovation, and inclusion, and challenges traditional approaches.
* To be considered for PwC Assurance roles, individuals will be asked to provide additional information during the formal recruiting process.