Deals Strategy Senior Associate
Job Category: Strategy Consulting|Strategy Consulting (Strategy&)
Line of Service: Advisory
State & City: CA-San Francisco|IL-Chicago|NY-New York
Travel Requirements: 0-20%
Position Type: Senior Associate
Req ID: 101165BR
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
As businesses grow and become more complex, they navigate complicated transactions. Our growing Advisory Transaction Services practice helps executives achieve strategic growth objectives for their organizations by driving informed and empowered acquisition, divestiture and reorganization decisions. Our transaction services professionals help companies across the deal continuum
developing the right strategy, identifying issues and points of negotiation and value, executing the deal seamlessly, and implementing changes to deliver synergies and improvements post integration.
Our Deals Strategy team offers strategic advice to a broad range of investors including the leading private equity houses, major banks, and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. We deliver deep commercial insight into the attractiveness of a proposition, helping clients think through investment/divestment decisions about businesses. We evaluate business plans and company strategies against market performance and competitor strength, to deliver a rigorous appraisal of a businessâ€™s commercial outlook.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Science or other relevant field
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Science or other relevant field or an MBA
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in commercial due diligence or corporate strategy roles, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, including in the following areas:
- Understanding of various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations;
- Understanding and analyzing company financials; and,
- Assisting clients with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and international expansion; and market opportunity sizing.
Demonstrates thorough abilities, and/or proven record of success with developing strategic analyses and client deliverables, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, including in the following areas:
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive team work environment;
- Collecting and utilizing relevant business and industry trend information and analyzing this information by applying numerical and strategic analysis techniques;
- Planning and delivering discrete sections of work against tight deadlines;
- Assisting with new business development and pursuit activities;
- Gathering data and ramp-up including interviewing, surveying, and secondary market research;
- Executing quantitative and qualitative analyses;
- Understanding of Tableau and other advanced business analytics software;
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management;
- Utilizing firm-sponsored technology, including the Microsoft Office suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access; and,
- Balancing time, multi-tasking and keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality.