Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences Commercial Strategy Manager
Job Category: Strategy Consulting|Strategy Consulting (Strategy&)
Line of Service: Advisory
State & City: NY-New York
Travel Requirements: 81-100%
Position Type: Manager
Req ID: 104041BR
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
Healthcare is a transforming industry due to legislative and regulatory demands, technology challenges, and societal trends. Our growing Health Industries Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help healthcare institutions around the world to anticipate and address their most complex business challenges.
Our practitioners are supported by a dedicated health research unit, which is managed by a physician partner and provides our clients with cutting-edge intelligence, perspective, and analysis on issues transforming the health industry. Our professionals have deep health industry expertise and include physicians, nurses, system specialists, health policy analysts, actuaries, financial advisors, and data analysts. The Health Industries Advisory team includes the following sectors: Health Services
- Payer/Provider, Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
- Suppliers and Innovators/New Entrants.
Our Corporate and Business Strategists help clients define and evaluate strategies of all types e.g., growth, mergers and acquisitions, portfolio, identity, reflecting market back and capability forward perspectives. These strategies may start at either the business unit, corporate level or both, and may include the planning processes that support strategy development.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: MBA or Master's degree
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of and/or success in professional services or corporate roles, helping companies define and evaluate corporate and business unit strategies and investment portfolios, reflecting market, competitive and other external drivers.
Specific areas of focus include:
- Corporate Strategy
- Business Strategy
- Deals Strategy
- Digital Strategy
- Not for Profit Strategy
Demonstrates extensive leadership, strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, individual initiative, and the following abilities:
- Building productive and collaborative relationships with team members and proactively providing and seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Managing a team to a successful project conclusion through problem solving global, enterprise-wide strategy issues
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships
- Communicating effectively in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats
- Conducting and managing market research and quantitative and qualitative analyses, including the timely synthesis of complex data into meaningful insights and the ability to readily grasp analytical frameworks and employ them effectively to either qualitative or quantitative evidence.