HIA Strategic Transformation - Provider Operations Strategy Director
Job Category: Strategy Consulting|Strategy Consulting (Strategy&)
Line of Service: Advisory
Location(s): CA-San Francisco|IL-Chicago|MA-Boston|NY-New York
Travel Requirements: 81-100%
Job ID: 106400BR
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
PwC Advisory helps our clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. We combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. We work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
Healthcare is a transforming industry due to legislative and regulatory demands, technology challenges, and societal trends. Our growing Health Industries Advisory team provides strategy, management, technology and risk consulting services to help healthcare institutions around the world to anticipate and address their most complex business challenges.
Our practitioners are supported by a dedicated health research unit, which is managed by a physician partner and provides our clients with cutting-edge intelligence, perspective, and analysis on issues transforming the health industry. Our professionals have deep health industry expertise and include physicians, nurses, system specialists, health policy analysts, actuaries, financial advisors, and data analysts. The Health Industries Advisory team includes the following sectors: Health Services
- Payer/Provider, Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
- Suppliers and Innovators/New Entrants.
PwC's Strategy& Operations Strategists help clients build operations capabilities that create competitive advantage, drive profitable growth and respond effectively to risks. This includes creating innovative products, strategically reducing costs, optimizing footprint, becoming more flexible, managing operational risks, improving capital efficiency and realizing deal value.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 7
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: Master's degree or Doctorate
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of, and/or success in operations roles within a professional services firm or corporate environment, helping companies to identify, clarify and resolve complex issues critical to their strategic and operating success.
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of one or more of the following areas: operations strategy, supply chain strategy/ management, supply chain diagnostics, manufacturing strategy, network optimization, logistics/distribution, S&OP/ planning, Operations/ Supply Chain performance improvement, inventory management, complexity management, and/or sourcing.
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of industry and market trends and industry-leading practices in order to develop insights and provide recommendations.
Demonstrates a high level of leadership, strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, individual initiative, and the following abilities:
- Leading teams to generate a vision and creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views and encouraging improvement and innovation
- Building productive and collaborative relationships with team members and proactively providing and seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Leading a team to a successful project conclusion through problem solving complex operations issues
- Managing the planning, organizing and delivery of operations tasks and projects, overseeing independent analyses and ensuring the quality of client deliverables
- Leading the development and improvement of various frameworks and methodologies within operations
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships
- Communicating effectively in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats
- Leveraging quantitative analyses to construct analytical frameworks and synthesize complex data into meaningful insights