Major Incident Response Sr. Manager
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
Exciting opportunities await you as a member of PwC's Americas Region IT team. Our team of technology professionals provides internal technology services and solutions that transform and achieve PwC's mission of becoming the leading technology-enabled professional services network. We enable PwC to achieve its goals by driving innovation, enhancing digital capabilities and integrating technologies to create competitive business advantages for PwC and our clients.
Within Americas IT, we have exciting opportunities at all experience levels within our delivery domains. Our Data Center Core Services domain delivers world-class IT solutions across a diverse range of portfolios and business areas including Infrastructure Architecture, Design/Build, Infrastructure Operations, Service Management and Support.
Disaster Recovery project work may include the following:
- Developing IT strategy for BCP and Disaster Recovery;
- Evaluating the technical Disaster Recovery capabilities of an IT infrastructure;
- Recommending reference architecture for Disaster Recovery;
- Developing the mitigation plan to improve Disaster Recovery capabilities; and,
- Developing and implementing a Disaster Recovery Plan.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Certification(s) Preferred: ITIL Foundations Certifications
Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leveraging IT methodologies, service offerings, and the Firm's business at a national level; and,
- Understanding the general architecture, design, and operating characteristics of the US IT infrastructure
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Mitigating risk and assuring services that are required by the Firm are readily available in the event of a Disaster;
- Collaborating across an organization to resolve challenges relative to Firmwide disaster recovery, readiness, and testing;
- Developing and applying intellectual capital for the execution of Firmwide prioritization of application recoverability, strategy, and testing;
- Consistently managing significant national or business unit level Disaster Recovery projects;
- Actively participating in US IT operations, design, and architecture meetings to institute industry leading practices for Disaster Recovery across US IT;
- Assisting in budgeting for recovery solutions to cost-effectively mitigate risk to business operations that can directly impact the Firm's revenue stream, regulatory compliance, or brand/image in the marketplace;
- Managing the relationship with the sourcing vendor in the Disaster Recovery space;
- Guiding the vendor in long-term direction for Disaster Recovery planning, testing, and Standard Operating Procedure development for the Firm's core, mission critical, business critical, and essential applications including managing the life cycle of the Disaster Recovery solutions to establish they are aligned with the business strategy, changing business needs, and emerging technologies;
- Planning, testing, and defining procedures for complex infrastructure and application Disaster Recovery efforts for national, regional, and global services;
- Managing recovery solution integration within the context of individual business processes and master Disaster Recovery plans;
- Aligning the solutions provided with longer term business and IT strategy;
- Administering the Business Impact Analysis process for business supporting applications;
- Coordinating with business process and application owners, technical teams, and the project community on budgeting, requirement gathering, project management, documentation, resource planning, and initial testing of the recoverability of the solutions provided;
- Instituting a plan for continuous Disaster Recovery strategy and standards development to meet the ever-changing needs of the Firm; and,
- Developing methodology for Disaster Recovery Business Impact Analysis to determine the overall application criticalness and what prioritization is appropriate to safeguard the Firm's revenue, maintain adherence to regulatory requirements, protect the brand in the marketplace, and maintain security of the Firm's Assets.